37 Cluster (NGC 2169)
The cluster was probably first noticed by the Italian astronomer Giovanni Battista Hodierna, which published it in 1654. But this publication of his work was little noticed outside Sicily.  The cluster was rediscovered on 12 October 1782 by William Hershel using his little 6.2 inch telescope. He cataloged it as VIII 24 (class VIII = coarsely scattered clusters of stars) and noted: «A small cluster of pretty large white stars.»  In 1888 John L. E. Dreyer added the cluster with the designation NGC 2169 to his famous «New General Catalogue» 
In 1931 Per Collinder published his «Catalog of Open Galactic Clusters» where this cluster is listed as Collinder 83.  The cluster is also nicknamed «37 Cluster» due to its brightest members forming an asterism that looks like the number 37.
The age of this rather young cluster is estimated to about 11 million years. 
The open cluster NGC 2169 is located in the constellation of Orion, which is best visible from October to February.